Sunday, October 18, 2015

Transcendental meditation





This is a short story I wrote :)

I was piling on kilos by the hour.My buddy VJ had joined the yoga class in office. He told me that he lost 4 kilos  in 2 months!  I felt a CFL glowing in my head. I logged in to myntra.com and instantly ordered 3 pairs of yoga pants and t-shirts.
The very next day, I reached the yoga class much ahead of time.You need time to warm up eh?
My eyes popped and jaw dropped when I saw  5-6 cute girls waiting in line for the class. Voila. My body reacted automatically by bulging my chest out and pulling in my tummy.
The class started. The yoga teacher gave instructions in a singing voice. I said a silent prayer  and started. This looked easy! But soon I started sweating oceans and was out of breath in 5 minutes!  The instructor showed no mercy and kept piling  on Surya Namaskars afer Surya Namaskars. I could sense my soul getting ready to escape my body any second now.
Idea! I ran outside taking my phone pretending to take a call. After catching my breath, I returned in 5 minutes. More punishment awaited me in way of Asanas. I now moved like a drunk with my limbs no longer under my control. Then, suddenly the instructor asked everyone to lie down and relax. I crumble down,closed my eyes and listened to instructions. I could feel the relaxation and felt that my soul was floating outside my body. Yoga is awesome ! I was in heaven. Hallelujah! Somewhere in my meditative  state , I lost track of time. Suddenly I was hearing voices. This must be level 2 or something.I must be a grand master! I could again  hear someone calling me .I ignored it .Then I heard the instructor's voice - “Get up. You are not supposed to sleep and snore during relaxation". I slowly opened my eyes.Shit just got real!  The cute girls were laughing at me now.

I hoped that this was a parallel dimension that I was in and  no longer had the will to live.I only wished for  a shovel to  dig a hole and bury myself in shame.

No comments:

Friends