Saturday, May 24, 2008

Travelogue

She cribbed about the breakfast. She said she did not like the one for the day. I told her that we can go have it from outside .Poor thing was delighted.
So I embarked on my journey. Took the shortcut which passed through a narrow galli (lane). I looked around. The galli was unclean. Kids were running around. There were office goers trotting along .Some were talking into their phone mikes and were oblivious of the surroundings .Most of them had backpacks with their company logos printed on them .Reminded me of my schooldays. An old lady was sitting on the side and washing clothes .I "carefully" crossed the connecting road as I did not want to be a hit and run case. Death was not an option. At least not for the time being :).
In another 5 minutes I reached the main road. The main road was crowded with a hoard of people trying to rush to office. I skillfully moved from side to side avoiding collision. A girl was coming from the other side and I noticed her looking @ me. As we came closer, she looked away probably to show that she was a 'decent' gal. So did me.

WYGIWYG (What You Give Is What You Get)!

Vehicles were piling up on the main road. I could see buses flocked with people helplessly looking outside trying to find the cause for the block .As if it could do them any good if they find the cause. As I neared my destination, I saw a Corporation lady worker carrying a pile of trash and dumping it on the roadside. She might as well have put it right in the middle of the road. God knows why things are the way they are in our country.
Till next time...Adios Amigos...

Ps: Oh by the way…Had breakfast. And she liked it. That’s what counts.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hmm i think u have seen our country very well... starting from the girl to the corporate lady...:)

AWY said...

What is it with IT workers and acronyms??!?!?

Wandering but never lost ... said...

dei dude good observation skills and wrd power as well, u make helluva story writer ! keep up d good work man !!!

Lost said...

ummmmmm its a very ordinary incident which we see day to day or almost everyday but i guess reading this makes me feel good then seeing it and you made it from ordinary incident to extraordinary....nice one...i like it...man you are capable of writing a book as i felt that i am reading a piece of article from a book....

I guess i hve done praising you i dont want to be high now so just be on ground boyyyyyy....Enjoy writing....

Oh forgot...where did you went out for breakfast??you forgot to mention that.....

Friends